Warm Greetings from Meiji University!
Meiji University is pleased to announce our Japanese Language Program for international students in Winter 2020.
Following up on its summer 2019 program, the Meiji University Japanese Language Education Center will offer a short-term Japanese Language Program in winter 2020.
The program cultivates the study of the Japanese language, culture, and society from various aspects.
Highly motivated participants can expect Meiji University’s up-to-date educational, media and support facilities to meet their every need. Japanese students will support your study of Japanese and join various events with you.
Why not come to central Tokyo and Meiji University this winter to learn “living” Japanese and Japanese culture?
Get ready for the exciting new experience that awaits you!
For more information please visit here
or download the leaflet here
February 3 – 21, 2020(19 days)
- Japanese Language Class (45min×42classes)
- Field Study/Activity (4.5 hours and 3 hours. 7.5 hours in total.
– Introductory Class:
For students who have studied Hiragana, Katakana, and basic expressions. (approximately 50 hours of study)
Please study Hiragana, Katakana and Basic Greetings by Meiji University e-learning system
）before joining the program. The Class will be conducted that you have prior knowledge of Hiragana.– Beginner Class:
For students with very basic knowledge of Japanese, able to read Hiragana and Katakana and understand and use basic Japanese. JLPT N5 preparatory level.– Pre-intermediate Class:
For students who can understand and use beginner’s level Japanese. JLPT N4 preparatory level.– Intermediate Class:
For students understanding Japanese which is used in everyday situations for a certain degree.
JLPT N3 preparatory level.*JLPT: Japanese Language Proficiency Test
*The class will be decided at the placement test conducted on the orientation
Japanese Language Program has been selected as one of the Student Exchange Support Programs sponsored by JASSO.
Meiji University will offer a scholarship (JPY80, 000) to students who belong to Meiji University’s partner institution, and meet the requirements set by JASSO.
For details regarding the scholarship, please access the website.
*Please be advised that JASSO’s final decision if the applicants can grant the scholarship or not will be done around the end of January 2020. We cannot inform if applicants can grant the scholarship or not before paying the fee of the program.
- Official Student transcripts
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Letter of Reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will inform you.
- The Final Decision is from Meiji University
Please send all documents above in 2 hard copies to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 softcopy *(Combined in 1 PDF Format) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2019.