[Tuition Waived, JASSO Scholarship offered to this program]
Warm greetings from Sophia University, Japan! We are pleased to announce that we are ready to accept nominations for Autumn Semester 2019 admission. If you would like to nominate your students, please complete online nomination by April 10, 2019
*Please check the qualifications through the following link and meet all the criteria:
More information regarding application to Sophia Exchange could be found here:
- Application form (printed after online submission)
- Letter of academic recommendation (form provided)
- Official academic transcript(s)
*If the transcript does not include a list of courses you are enrolled in this current semester, please submit a currently enrolled course list separately.
- Academic Essay
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- TOEFL / IELTS(Academic) / TOEIC official test report for ALL applicants from non-English-speaking institutions applying for English-taught program (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP 550, iBT 79 or IELTS 6.0, TOEIC 730)
- JLPT official test report (for applicants to departments/ graduate programs taught in Japanese)
- Certificate of health (form provided)
- 3 color photographs (length 4cm × width 3cm *exact size)
- Photo copy of your passport (and visa, if you have any)
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (*online submission)
- Housing Application (*online submission)
for Partners Online Nomination Procedure.pdf(139.74 KB)
for Students Online Application Procedure.pdf(507.70 KB)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Sophia University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Sophia University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2019.
Sophia Inbound Team