[This program is self-funded]
YNU is delighted to provide Japanese culture classes and a first-hand experience of campus life for international students during this two-week program.
Why Choose the Summer Program at YNU?
1. Lectures on Japanese culture and society
Besides attending the lectures, you will also enjoy hands-on learning experience such as Japanese brush calligraphy and flower arrangement.
Note: Contents are subject to change due to the availability of instructors.
2. Diverse opportunities to interact with YNU students
In addition to working together on a project for a poster presentation, you will find a variety of opportunities to interact with YNU students while attending lectures and going on exciting excursion tours. YNU volunteer students are willing to support you in class and out of class.
3. Exciting excursion tours to Japan’s past and present
You will visit intriguing corporate museums and historical sites in the Yokohama area with some YNU students.
4. A great opportunity for prospective YNU students
If you are considering pursuing your graduate studies at YNU in the future, our summer program could be the perfect option for you; you will be able to attend some of the lectures and seminars offered at YNU. Japanese language classes are also available as an option.
5. Weekend homestay experience with a Japanese family
This has been one of the most popular parts of our summer program.
Please check the following program details and apply during the designated application period.
July 3rd, 2018 – July 13th, 2018
Note: Participating students will be requested to arrive in Japan by July 2nd, 2018.
2. Course Schedule (Tentative)
THE APPLICANT MUST,
1) be a student at a college/university/graduate school as of July 1st, 2018
2) be able to communicate in English
3) have financial resources to cover the program fee, transportation/accommodation fees to attend this course
4) be able to obtain the applicable visa at the Embassy of Japan in his/her country
Note: YNU will select the participants after screening the application documents. YNU will give priority to students attending institutions of which YNU has an exchange agreement.
List of Partner Universities
4. Program Fee
Note: This cost includes tuition, excursion fees. Airfare, accommodation, transportation between the airport and Yokohama, and commuting costs are not covered.
5. Cancellation Policy
If the enrolled student cancels before the 1st day of the course, YNU will provide a partial refund of JPY 50,000. JPY 20,000(Admission/Enrollment fee and bank charges) will not be refunded.
The procedure for payment will be informed from YNU to the selected students individually after their enrollment has been confirmed.
1) The students will stay at a budget hotel on weekdays, and stay with a Japanese host family on the first weekend of the course (2 nights). Arrangements for the accommodation during the course duration, including one day before and after the program (Jul.2–Jul.14) will be made by YNU.
2) Accommodation fees are to be borne by each student; except for the homestay. All the Japanese host families have kindly offered to host the students as volunteers with the exclusion accommodation cost.
3) Estimated accommodation fee wil be JPY 6,000 per night.
Note: Accommodation fees may vary according to hotel room vacancy.
All participants must obtain a “short term stay visa” at their own responsibility and expense prior to entering Japan. This visa must be valid throughout the entire course duration.
In the case that any supporting documents are required from YNU for the visa application, please contact us.
Note: Citizens of countries and regions with visa exemption agreement with Japan are not required to obtain a visa for short stay. For more information, please refer to the following website.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
9. Medical expenses and travel insurance
Each participant is encouraged to join an insurance plan before arriving in Japan to prepare for any
unforeseen circumstances. Without insurance, medical expenses can be expensive in Japan.
10. Documents required for application
1) Application Form for 2018 (to be downloaded from below)
2) Passport Photo Page (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
3) Student ID of your home institution (on PDF, JPEG, TIFF or equivalent file data)
11. Application Period
Please send the required documents via e-mail by March 30(Fri) 12:00P.M. JST. Late documents will not be accepted.
12. Confirmation of Enrollment
YNU will send an e-mail confirming your acceptance/rejection by April 13(Fri).
*** Applicants for this program must give a confirmation of application and personal data to the Office of International Affairs UGM at Bulaksumur F-13.