[Tuition fee waived]
Western Michigan University is a learner-centered, discovery-driven and globally engaged public university that stands out among America’s more than 4,600 higher education institutions. Founded in 1903, WMU has grown to become a major national research university enrolling nearly 23,000 students from across the United States and 96 other countries. It is based in Kalamazoo, a friendly, top-rated college town situated close to large urban centers, great jobs and abundant recreational areas.
FACT SHEET :
PERIOD OF STUDY
International Student Orientation is designed specifically to assist newly admitted \ international students in adjusting to WMU. University departments and staff make special arrangements to meet students, share important information, and answer questions during orientation. It is held prior to the beginning of the enrollment semester, and attendance is mandatory.
|Entry Semester||Orientation Dates||Location|
|Fall 2018||Aug. 22 to Aug. 28||WMU Bernhard Center|
|Spring 2019||Jan. 3 to Jan. 4||WMU Bernhard Center|
|Summer 2019||May 2 to May 3||WMU Bernhard Center|
Please follow the link below for the most up to date information:
Exchange and Study Abroad at WMU students are eligible to take courses in all programs at
Western Michigan University contingent on the student having completed the appropriate
prerequisites, having acquired the appropriate level of English-language proficiency, and
having submitted all paperwork prior to deadlines.
Undergraduate students may take 12 to 15 credit hours per semester. A minimum of 12
credit hours is needed to maintain visa status.
Undergraduate Course Catalog: http://catalog.wmich.edu/search_advanced.php?catoid=26
Graduate students may take six to nine credit hours per semester. A minimum of six credit
hours is needed to maintain visa status.
Graduate Course Catalog: http://catalog.wmich.edu/search_advanced.php?catoid=27
For detail explanation about this program please read the fact sheet carefully.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Enrollment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Official academic transcript (Cumulative GPA min. 2.5 of 4.0 for undergraduate, and 3.0 of 4.0 for graduate students)
- Language proficiency (TOEFL score of 61 iBT (500 PBT) or higher for undergraduates and 80 iBT (550 PBT) or higher to enroll in WMU academic courses.)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA staff will send your application to Western Michigan University
4) FINAL decision from Western Michigan University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) no later than January 31, 2019.