The E-Class will be conducted in English through video conference between the Graduate School of Governance Sungkyunkwan University and Faculty of Social and Political Sciences Universitas Gadjah Mada. It is open for undergraduate and graduate students from all departments in Fisipol UGM. Students could register themselves through Palawa system (KRS). In the end of the semester, the participants will get a certificate and the best ones will be selected to join a fully funded summer course program in South Korea.
Course Name :
- Disaster Management (SPA3556)
- E-policy and Governance (SPA5220)
Credits : 3
- Professor David Oliver Kasdan, Dr. Bevaola Kusumasari
- Professor Gi-Heon Kwon, Prof. Agus Pramusinto and Dr. Bevaola Kusumasari
- Friday, 08.00 – 10.00 WIB
- Thursday, 08.00 – 10.00 WIB
Classroom : Multimedia Room 307, Magister of Public Administration (MAP), Faculty of Social and Political Sciences UGM, 3rd floor of Sekip Building
Course Description :
- Disaster Management is the study of how to reduce the negative effects of human-made and natural disasters. Disaster management has long been a concern of engineering and earth sciences as a technical issue to be confronted. Only recently has Disaster Management moved into the realm of public administration study and now there is recognition that it must be an inter-disciplinary subject that calls upon expertise and experience from many perspectives. This course will introduce the types and classifications of disasters, the disaster management cycle, and public administration’s role in making society safer. There will be study of both international and Korean disaster management organizations, current research findings in effective disaster management, and case studies.
- E-policy and Government concentrates on the rapid developments in the telecommunications and information fields that play a major role in shaping future political, economic and human dimensions in the 21st century. The purpose of the seminar is to examine the main economic, political, cultural, legal and technical forces generated by Information and Knowledge Revolution, for which new e-Governance must be developed. In this teaching, we will discuss the theoretical as well as strategic dimensions of knowledge-based society.
Read more about the course description and the class syllabus at ugm.id/SKKU2018
Interested students can register through the Palawa system (KRS) no later than 11 PM, August 10, 2018. Limited seats available!
Clarina Dewi N (SMS/WA: 081 249 7000 36)
Global Engagement Office Fisipol UGM BA 112 (LINE@ OA: @geofisipolugm)