[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Greetings from the National University of Singapore,
NUS will once again be running the TF International LEaRN programme in Academic Year 2019/20 Semester 1 (August to December 2019) and we would like to invite your university to nominate your students to apply for the programme.
About the Programme:
The TF International LEaRN Programme @ NUS aims to nurture the next generation of Asian leaders by providing opportunities for cultural exchange, networking, community engagement and leadership development. Selected students will be have the opportunity to take one semester of academic courses in NUS, participate in community service work and take part in TF International LEaRN activities such as Learning Journey, Service Learning/Leadership Workshop, Young Asian Leaders Forum etc. Successful applicants will receive S$6,500 from Temasek Foundation International to support their living expenses in Singapore. Refer to this website http://www.nus.edu.sg/gro/fa/sch/in/tfilearn.php for more information.
Nominated students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Are undergraduates who completed at least one year of study in their home universities
- Are studying in their country of citizenship
- Are in the top 10% of their cohort in academic performance
- Are fluent in English
- Are interested in community service and have served in leadership positions
- Able to fully commit to all aspects of the programme
S$6,500 from Temasek Foundation International
- Copy of passport
- Latest transcript from the home university
- Documentary evidence of academic awards
- Documentary evidence of community service activities
- Documentary evidence of leadership activities
- Two letters of recommendation by character referees (from professional/academic/extra-curricular background)
- If applicable, copy of TOEFL/IELTS/certified English language test by the home university – (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrolment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue apply online to National University of Singapore as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from National University of Singapore.
For more information on the application procedures, please refer to http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/education-at-nus/non-graduating-programme.html#l6
Students will be informed of their application outcome for the TFI LEaRN Programme @ NUS by end-April or early-May through their email, by which they will need to confirm acceptance of the award within 1 week after receiving the offer.
By mid-June, the Registrar’s Office will notify the students on the outcome of their Non-graduation Exchange Programme application, more specifically on their module (course) selection outcome.
Course Restrictions: http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info/info/Non-Graduating-Module-Restrictions.pdf
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and soft copy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than March 25, 2019.