[This program is self funded]
Improve your research, data analysis and paper writing skills by joining our intensive and innovative graduate courses. You gain a decent amount of credits in a short period of time, while expanding your knowledge and learning to efficiently share it with others. Find out here if a winter course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is the right option for you.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
-Support before, during and after the programme
-Orientation and social programme
-Airport pick up service
-Various housing options for all students
-Transcript of records after completing the course
The tuition fee for a one-week course is either € 700 (awarding 2 ECs) or € 800 (awarding 3 ECs). For a two-week course the fee is € 1100 (awarding 6 ECs). Students from Universitas Gadjah Mada will receive 20% discount from Vrije Universiteit.
The tuition fee includes:
- Airport pick-up service
- Course excursions (if any)
- Orientation programme and goodiebag
- On-site support and 24/7 emergency assistance
- A transcript of records after completing the course
- The social programme
- Costs for accommodation
- Travel and living expenses
VU Graduate Winter School consists of one- and two-week courses. You can combine one-week courses to create a two-week study at VU Amsterdam. All courses are full-time, therefore you can follow only one per session.
- Session 1: 5 January to 12 January
- Session 2: 12 January to 19 January
- Session 1+2: 5 January to 19 January
For detail explanation please visit: https://vu.nl/en/programmes/short/winter-school/courses/index.aspx
- Contemporary Topics in Globalization and Finance
- Data Analysis in R
- Developing Theories about the Social World: A Dynamic Systems Perspective
- International Business Advanced Paper Writing Course
- Managing Migration and Demographics
- Reaching the Crowd: Videomaking and Online Engagement for Research Promotion, Transparency and Impact
- Soft Skills Toolkit
- The Challenges of Global Ageing
- Theories and Methods for Inter- and Transdisciplinary PhD Research
- Time Series Analyis, Prediction and Forecasting
- Master: at least enrolled in the 1st year of Master studies – professionals need to have a Bachelor diploma
- PhD: at least enrolled in 1st year of PhD studies
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (TOEFL – iBT 92, or an IELTS score of 6.5.)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through website.
- FINAL decision from Vrije Universiteit.