[This program is self-funded]
The aim of this program is to invite university students from outside of Japan and create a stimulating learning environment for promoting globalization and diversity.
For further information, please go to: http://www.sophia-summer.jp/japanesestudies/index.html
Four-week program starting on January 9th through January 31st, 2018
⇒ Program Schedule 2018
The program consists of 4 courses: “Japanese Business and Economy”, “Education in Japan”, “Media and contemporary issues in Japan”, “Contemporary Japanese Culture & Society”, and “Japanese Language” (Beginner level). Among those courses, students take a minimum of two and a maximum of three. Each course consists of fifteen 90-minute sessions, and participants learn about these aspects of Japan comprehensively and intensively in 4 weeks. To further enhance the effectiveness of Japanese language acquisition, students will have opportunities to practice their language skills with native Japanese students of Sophia University with our “Language Exchange Program”.
173,000yen for 3 courses (Tuition fee only) +The System Operation Fee 500 yen
153,000yen for 2 courses (Tuition fee only) +The System Operation Fee 500 yen
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Korea University of Technology & Education (KOREATECH) as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Korea University of Technology & Education (KOREATECH).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 19, 2017.