Greetings from Meiji University, Tokyo Japan.
The application for the spring 2020 exchange program (April 2020-) is now open.
This is the information on the spring 2020 academic year exchange student program.
More information please visit here
The following schools offer courses in English. Students do not need to have Japanese language proficiency while at Meiji.
-School of Political Science and Economics
-School of Business Administration
-School of Global Japanese Studies
-Graduate School of Governance Studies
-Graduate School of Business Administration
-Graduate School of Global Business
-Graduate School of Global Governance
-Graduate School of Science and Technology, International Program in Architecture and Urban Design
Duration of study abroad at Meiji and application period
(1) 2020 Spring semester (April 2020- )
*Duration of study abroad at Meiji (excluding arrival dates, orientations). Subject to change.
April 2020 – July 2020 (one semester only)
April 2020 – February 2021 (one year)
- Application form
- Official Student transcripts
- English language proficiency
- Letter of Reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
(1) Application Guidelines (link of the online application, deadlines, application materials, and language requirements, etc.)
(2) Fact Sheet (course list, syllabus, housing, academic calendar and Japanese language classes, etc.)
(3) Download the standard forms for the application
(4) Certificate of Health (standard form)
Certificate of Health must be submitted as part of the application materials and completed by a doctor.
Download the standard form of Certificate of Health (#7)
COE application <IMPORTANT>
(1) Students must refer to the sample form (link) and follow the instructions when filling out this form.
The insufficient application form may cause the rejection or delay in obtaining the COE.
(2) To apply for the COE, students must demonstrate the method of support to pay for the expenses while in Japan depending on the duration of study abroad at Meiji. At least 120,000 JPY must be available as monthly living expenses during study abroad at Meiji. As part of application materials, students are required to submit financial supporting documents as follows.
One semester exchange: 120,000 JPY *6 months=720,000 JPY
One year exchange: 120,000JPY *12 months=1,440,000 JPY
Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test
(Only for applicants who wish to study at schools which offer academic classes in Japanese. Applicants to English track are NOT required to take the online test.)
Applicants to schools that offer academic classes in Japanese and cannot submit a valid JLPT certificate are requested to take Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test. Meiji University will send the information about the test to the exchange student program coordinator as soon as the online application is received.
Please note that the JLPT certificates that are valid for application are any of the followings;
(1)N1: passed before
(2)N2, N3 or N4: passed in either 2018 or 2019
Please send all documents above in 2 hard copies to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 softcopy *(Combined in 1 PDF Format) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org no more than September 13, 2019.