[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Please read the information sheet carefully DOWNLOAD
TYPES OF PROGRAMS
- Japanese Language and Culture Course (JLCC), website: JLCC
- Japan in Today’s World (JTW), website: JTW
- Schools and Graduate Schools Exchange, website: SGSE
Japanese for JLCC and most of Schools and Graduate Schools Exchange (*English speakers may be acceptable in some schools and graduate
English for JTW
PERIOD OF STUDY
- JLCC: October-August
- JTW: a. 1 year (October-July), b. Fall only (October-February), c. Spring only (April-July)
- SGSE: a. 1 year (April-March/October-September), b. 1 semester only (April-September/October-March). For BUSINESS SCHOOL: October-March
- Undergraduate student for JLCC and JTW (majoring Japanese studies for JLCC) (graduate can also apply although these programs are designed for undergraduate), Undergraduate and graduate for SGSE
- One year minimum study at home university
- Cumulative GPA min. 3.4 out of 4.0
- Japanese language requirements: JLPT N1 or Level 1 (JLCC), English language requirements: PBT 550/iBT 79 IELTS 6.0 (JTW), for SGSE you can choose either Japanese or English
An exchange student from our partner institution is eligible for a JASSO scholarship. Those who would like to apply for a JASSO scholarship should check “Yes” for “JASSO” in Question 1, “Are you intending to apply for a Japanese scholarship?” at page 4 of an application form. Only applicants who ticked it will be considered for scholarship nomination. Being nominated by Kyushu University, however, does not guarantee he/she will receive the scholarship–the final decision to award is made by the JASSO. If he/she is selected for nomination, Kyushu University will inform his/her home university and request any necessary supporting documentation, which then should be promptly forwarded. Please be noted that Kyushu University may not be able to notify him/her before his/her arrival to Japan if he/she is nominated or not .
For detail information about the programs (courses list, syllabus, etc) please refer to to information sheet.
- Application form (EXCEL or PDF)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript
- Language proficiency certificate (English/Japanese)
- Colored copy of Passport (ID page)
- Photograph (JPEG)**
**The photo must be 4.5cm×3.5cm, taken within the past 6 months, upper body, full faced, no caps or hats with plain background
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kyushu University for host university selection
- FINAL decision from Kyushu University