[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Fukuoka Women’s University is offering its short-term study abroad program to ambitious international female students focusing on Japanese culture from September, 2017 to August, 2018. The students participate in 1 semester program (starting April 2018).
The WJC program was established in 2010 as a milestone in the Fukuoka Women’s University’s internationalization effort. The program grants participants from each partner university a scholarship. Based on the availability of student positions and the number of applications from partner universities, a total of 25 to 30 students will be selected as participants. Only female students are eligible for WJC.
WJC PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Spring 2018 (tentative)
Expected arrival dates Semester: End of March, 2018
Orientation: Early April, 2018
Opening ceremony: Early April, 2018
Closing ceremony: Early August ,2018
• Amount of scholarship (limited number of students)
80,000 JPY per month
• Duration of scholarship
Either 1 year (September, 2017 – August, 2018) or
1 semester (September, 2017 –February, 2018 OR April, 2018- August 2018)
• Reimbursement of Air fare (round-trip)
Up to 100,000 JPY
• Accommodation fees at student dormitory
Waived (The utility fee of 9,900 JPY is not waived)
• Tuition fees
Waived according to the student exchange agreement or memorandum
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
• TOEFL iBT (Over 61), TOEIC (Over 600) and IELTs (Over 5.0)
• Total GPA : Over 3.0/4.0
* If academic transcript does not show the student’s GPA, an additional letter is required stating the student’s grade equal a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or more.
• JLPT N2 or higher equivalent will be required for the student who will choose JLC. *No Japanese requirements for JSC) and JCC) students.
• Application Form 02_Application Form_WJC_Spring 2018
• Official academic transcript (proof of GPA 3.0 of 4.0)
• Two letters of Recommendation from academic advisors
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEIC 600, iBT 61 or IELTS 5.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1) or Proof of your Japanese equivalent by teachers.
*only for JLC applicants
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter (essay)
• Independent Study Project (ISP) proposal sheet (Type written) 03_Indipendent Study Project Proposal Sheet_WJC_Spring 2018
• Certificate of Health 05_Certificate of Health_WJC_Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
• Colored copy of passport
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to FWU as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from FWU.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than August 14, 2017.