[This program is self-funded]
Students from partner universities can study at APU for one semester or one year under the student exchange agreements. APU currently accepting the nominations and applications for 2018 Spring exchange program
For further information, please go to: http://en.apu.ac.jp/academic/page/content0166.html/?c=0611
October – April
- Application Checklist
- Certificate of Enrollment issued by your home university – proof of enrollment at your home university at the time of application
- Official Academic Transcript issued by your home university
- Confirmation Note of Application for “Certificate of Eligibility” by proxy
- Valid Passport Copy
- Three passport size photos (Please write your name on the back of the photos)
*The photographs will be used for your Certificate of Eligibility application to the Japanese
Immigration and must meet the following requirements. For detailed instructions about the photographs, please refer to the Japanese Immigration Bureau website.
- Close-up of the head and shoulders
(4cm by 3 cm, with no background, facing forward without cap/hat)
- Taken within the last three months
- Photos taken with the individual’s digital camera will not be accepted
- Eye glasses must be removed
- Proof of Funds – Certificate of Deposit Balance issued by Bank, Scholarship Letter, etc
*Official and original document is required.
*It must be dated within three months from the date of exchange program application.
*Minimum amount: 500,000 yen for one semester / 1,000,000 yen for one year
- “Study Abroad Financial Support Plan” Form
- “Statement of Financial Support” Form
*If you have financial sponsor who will be supporting your study abroad at APU financially,
you must submit this form.
- Language proficiency test score sheet or Language Proficiency Evaluation Form
*Non-native speakers of English or Japanese are required to submit either score sheet or this form.
*We only accept the score of the tests stated in the admission requirement section.
- JASSO Scholarship: If you wish to apply for JASSO scholarship, please read through the JASSO Scholarship Information page carefully and submit “JASSO Scholarship Application” with the exchange program applications.
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
*Original documents required: No. 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11
*English or Japanese translation must be included if the documents are in another language.
*You must submit your application through the International Office at your home institution.
*The above documents must be received by the application deadline.
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue your online application to Asia Pacific University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Asia Pacific University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 14, 2017.