[This program is self funded]
1. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
The schools below offer courses in English. Students do not need to have Japanese language proficiency while at Meiji.
-School of Political Science and Economics
-School of Business Administration
-School of Global Japanese Studies
-Graduate School of Governance Studies
-Graduate School of Science and Technology, International Program in Architecture and Urban Design
-Graduate School of Global Business
-Graduate School of Global Governance
2. STUDY DURATION & APPLICATION PERIOD
(1) 2019 Fall semester (September, 2019- )
*Duration of study abroad at Meiji (excluding arrival dates, orientations). Subject to change.
September 2019 – February 2020 (one semester only)
September 2019 – July 2020 (one year)
*Online application: January 15 – February 21, 2019
*Send application materials via courier to Meiji: January 15 – March 7, 2019
All applicants for 2019 fall semester are required to complete the online application by February 21. To complete the application, application materials must be sent via courier to Meiji by March 7 after the online application. Also, please send the COE application form as an Excel document email@example.com
NO application is accepted after the deadline.
Duration of study abroad at Meiji (one semester or one year) and preferred school must be decided before applying for the program. They cannot be changed after the online application.
Please refer to the link below for details regarding application.
(1) Application Guidelines (link of online application, deadlines, application materials and language requirements etc.)
(2) Fact Sheet (course list, syllabus, housing, academic calendar and Japanese language classes etc.)
(3) Download the standard forms for the application
(4) Certificate of Health (standard form)
Certificate of Health must be submitted as part of application materials and completed by a doctor.
Download the standard form of Certificate of Health (#7)
4. COE Application <IMPORTANT>
(1) Students must refer to the sample form (link) and follow the instructions when filling out this form.
Insufficient application form may cause the rejection or delay in obtaining the COE.
(2) To apply for the COE, students must demonstrate the method of support to pay for the expenses while in Japan depending on the duration of study abroad at Meiji. At least 120,000 JPY must be available as monthly living expenses during study abroad at Meiji. As part of application materials, students are required to submit financial supporting documents as follows.
One semester exchange: 120,000 JPY *6 months=720,000 JPY
One year exchange: 120,000JPY *12 months=1,440,000 JPY
5. Applicants who wish to study at schools which offer academic classes in English
The score of TOEFL, IELTS that they took in September 2016 or later is valid for the application. Applicants are required to take the test BEFORE application. Copy of the official score MUST be prepared to upload to the online application.
To avoid disappointment, please be mindful and ensure that your nominated students meet the language requirements. For the requirements of each school, please refer to page 7 of Application Guidelines.
6. Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test
(Only for applicants who wish to study at schools which offer academic classes in Japanese. Applicants to English track are NOT required to take the online test.)
Applicants to schools which offer academic classes in Japanese and cannot submit a valid JLPT certificate are requested to take Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test. Meiji University will send the information about the test to exchange student program coordinator as soon as the online application is received.
Please note that the JLPT certificates that are valid for application are any of the followings;
(1)N1: passed before
(2)N2, N3 or N4: passed in either 2017 or 2018
< Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test dates>
Applicants for 2019 Fall semester: January 15 – February 28, 2019
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
a. Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
b. Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you will be notified to continue filling Online Application of Meiji University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Meiji University.
Please send all documents above in 2 HARDCOPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and A SOFTCOPY by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 1, 2019.